You have an opportunity to work for an amazing and fun organization with endless possibilities.
Operations & Outreach Coordinator
Chief Development Officer and Program & Outreach Manager
Aides in coordination of fundraising events, volunteer cultivation, referral intake and medical outreach. The position provides critical support to office staff, including management of the database system, and proactively initiates processes and procedures to meet the chapters’ ongoing needs. The coordinator serves to ensure that the policies and procedures established by Make-A-Wish America are upheld. The Operations & Outreach Coordinator must be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to fulfill their job responsibilities. This is an hourly position and the coordinator will be compensated for overtime work.
- Support Chief Development Officer with internal events.
- Attend and represent the Foundation at external events to support the chapter.
- Assist with communications to donors, Wish families and volunteers to raise money on behalf of the Foundation.
Kids For Wish Kids
- Coordinate school visits and participation at activities and events.
- Coordinate efforts of Board representatives and volunteers to ensure appropriate contacts and follow up.
- Distribute KFWK documents and tool kits to appropriate representatives and update materials.
Wish Referral Intake
- Support Program & Outreach Manager in identifying new referral sources.
- Help maintain positive relationships with existing referral sources.
- Coordinate meetings, trainings, etc. to assist in education of eligibility.
- Act as primary contact for all referral sources.
- Process all referral information.
- Confirm all diagnosis verifications or Part A’s meet the Foundation’s requirements.
- Act as a liaison with all vendors doing business with Make-A-Wish New Mexico.
- Work with the contract accountant to ensure that all bills are processed in a timely manner and follow the guidelines set forth in the Internal Controls/Accounting Procedures.
- Handle all deposits following the guidelines set forth in the Internal Controls/Accounting Procedures.
- Oversee the Raiser’s Edge database for the organization and ensure that all necessary information is included in the database.
- Maintain volunteer and board member files to meet National’s requirements and standards.
- Maintain a complete inventory of all office supplies and equipment as needed.
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to successfully work independently, yet collaboratively in a diverse, team-orientation organization.
- Sales and customer service experience highly desirable.
- Experience with database management
To apply for an internship, potential candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Sydney Graczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (505) 232-0678. No phone calls please.