The internship program is designed for current undergraduate students with the goal of being a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help undergraduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience. The goal of the Make-A-Wish New Mexico internship is to help the intern gain skills and experiences such as the ability to organize work, communication skills, project management, and an understanding of a federated non-profit organization.
Make-A-Wish® New Mexico Internship
The mission of Make-A-Wish® is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
• Support Make-A-Wish New Mexico by conducting outreach phone calls and emails to assist in soliciting donations.
• Create Wish stories for publications such as Social Media, Newsletter, and Website.
• Walk families through airport send-offs as needed
• Maintain donor database and volunteer database
• Assist in Kids for Wish Kids program as needed
• Enhancement Shopping
• Dropping off Materials for events
• Send out mailings
• Create a monthly E-Newsletter
• Apply for Grants
• Administrative tasks as needed
Applicants will be selected for an interview based on information provided in their cover letter and resume. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework or employment experience; excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing. Experience with events and/or campaigns preferred (as volunteer, committee member, etc.). This position requires the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained in the daily interactions; ability to work at a fast pace; proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and internet research tools; detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects; some volunteer experience preferred, although not required; and very strong sense of customer experience. Must have your own transportation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume indicating the following:
• Interest in Make-A-Wish and the non-profit sector
• Academic and career goals
• Skills, experience, or coursework relevant to the internship program
• Employment/Volunteer history
This position is a minimum 2 days a week position, 10 hours per week at the New Mexico Chapter in Albuquerque, NM, from May 22nd through August 18th.
For immediate consideration, submit resume and cover letter in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org