You have an opportunity to work for an amazing and fun organization with endless possibilities.
Program Manager and President/CEO
Wish Delivery (90%):
Coordinate program and outreach functions related to the delivery of a quality wish experience throughout the State. Program oversight includes managing the wish process, administering program-related activities, managing program interns and volunteers, cultivation of community partnerships, and upholding the policies and procedures established by the national Make-A-Wish® Foundation.
Administrative Support (10%):
- Coordinate, request and supervise progress of volunteers through the completion of the wish.
- Assist as needed with the budgeted (slotted) wish numbers by month and quarter to ensure annual wish goal is achieved.
- Ensure the Foundation’s liability is minimized as much as possible by obtaining appropriate signatures, releases and supervision of each wish granted.
- Assist with medical outreach communications, visits and training as directed.
- Assist with 24-hour emergency communications for pending wishes and wishes in progress as required.
- Coordinate and attend wish child events as needed.
- Develop process to improve, streamline and document wish delivery for assigned wishes.
- Complete final closeout of wish files and ensure that volunteers have completed all required paperwork within 30 days of completion of the wish and files are closed accurately and completely.
- Contribute improvement ideas that will continually seek to raise the level of service and quality provided by the Foundation.
- Provide administrative support for the office as needed.
- Coordinate database and technology projects related to wishes assigned and job responsibilities.
- Assist with program requirements for annual audits and reports.
- Coordinate and publish relative informational documents as needed.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent computer, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to successfully work independently, yet collaboratively in a diverse, team-orientation organization.
- Sales and customer service experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the following:
- Interest in Make-A-Wish and the non-profit sector
- Academic and career goals
- Skills, experience, or coursework relevant to the internship program
- Employment/Volunteer history
- Include at least 3 references